As the leaves begin to turn and fall, why not embrace the hues of rust, amber, yellow, purple and brown with an autumnal wreath on your front door. And don’t forget about Halloween either.
Whatever your budget or style, there’s an option for you.
We just love @mrs_macs_home opposite.
Make a statement in your hall and be bold with bright colours, unusual shapes and quirky accessories. The bold trend stems from maximalism but showing a more modern approach. Take a look at the top picks for this trend and dive into a touch of fun and uniqueness.
Image Credit - Albert Moon
Add some quirky lighting to brighten up darker hallways, we love this one from Pooky. Using a wall light design is a great way of saving space in narrower or smaller entrance ways.
Image Credit - Pooky
Available At - pooky.com
Pooky Empire Selene Shade, £32,
Tina Wall Fitting In Antique Brass, £106
These statement pieces are a great way of introducing the trend without fully committing. Statement artwork like this neon canvas art or some quirky ornaments can add a fresh look to your hallway without having to completely re-decorate.
Image Credit - Audenza
Available At - audenza.com
Gianna LED Neon Canvas Art, £265.
Ornate Leaping Fish Candle Holder, £32.95.
Gold OMG Balloon Ornament & Wall Décor, £38.95.
If you are feeling brave then opting for a bold tile is a great way to add interest to any hallway. This tile from Original Style which was voted their Tile of the Year for 2021 can brighten up your hall while keeping the overall look timeless.
Hawthorn Yellow comes in a variety of shapes and can be teamed with a number of colour ways to create a new dynamic with a fresh appeal.
Image Credit - Original Style
Available - originalstyle.com
Colourways: Dover White, Holkham Dune and Hawthorn Yellow Pattern: Brighton
Prices start from £0.52 per tile
Make your home inviting the minute you step through the front door, with our top tips on how to create welcoming hallway and entranceway spaces.
As hallways and entranceways are not ‘official’ rooms in the house, they are often the least considered spaces in a home. With these being the first things you see when you enter your house, it is important to make them feel welcoming and full of homey touches. A key investment for your hallways and entrance is good lighting. You want your space to feel bright and airy, rather than dark and dingy. Opt for table lamps in addition to overhead lighting to bathe the whole hallway with light. By adding a mirror or two into these areas, the mirror can reflect light to make the whole space seem brighter and wider. Don’t be afraid to try to also bring in some bold colours to your hallway that will have an instant impact on the space. Inject some texture and pattern with mosaic floor tiles or a colourful rug. You could even have a large floral bouquet filled with colour on a console table to bring the whole space together.
". . . mirrors can reflect light to make the whole space seem brighter and wider."
Appearance is everything and your house is no different… Is it time to change up the look of the hall
Your front door is not only the entrance to your house, it hints at the design style that lies within. This makes it one of the most crucial elements of your home exterior. If your door has you feeling closed off, maybe it's time to open yourself up to the latest designs out there. Luckily for you, we’ve done all the hard work for you and found the top 2021 front door trends, which you can read about below.
1. Colourful Hues- Want to add a bit of personality to your home and exterior? Design trends suggest using energetic colours such as red and orange to add some radiance to the front door of your home. This trend shows no signs of slowing down, with many people even painting their own front doors in vibrant colours such as pinks and yellows during lockdown.
2. Extra-Wide Front Doors- For a more modern look, extra-wide front doors can be used to open up the space of houses. If you are lucky enough to have the space, extra-wide doors are the way to go. They are perfect if you have a large family and need to get anything from baby prams, to bikes and scooters through the front door!
3. Glass and Metal Front Doors- Glass and steel are both set to be popular materials in front door design for 2021. Large panels of glass beside or in your door is a great option if you need to invite some natural light into your house. (You will have to cover up for any visitors coming by your house though!)Metal front doors are a good option for you if you want a modern and clean look for your house. These can be simple and minimalist or be really creative with geometric designs and shapes.
4. Composite Doors- With the world we are in today people are turning more towards security, quality and a peace of mind, but also more importantly maintenance free,so this was the case when Finewood in Falkirk introduced Rockdoor into their portfolio, it is one of the safest doors on the market in composite and offers a wide range of designs and colours from the most traditional look to the minimalistic look, we have a large number of designs in our showroom in Falkirk Finewood have a great selection of chic glass front doors including the Vogue Archer as shown above, available at their Falkirk Showroom.
5. Wooden Designs- Wooden doors have always been popular but 2021 designs show more modern shades and simpler design. You can easily add some form of metal or glass for some decoration on your wooden door. If sustainability is important to you, wooden doors are also more eco friendly.